Visual and Mechanical Inspection
- Insulation resistance test voltage is applied phase to phase and phase to ground with switch in both normal and emergency positions.
- Contact resistance is measured across each switch poles in both normal and emergency positions.
- Check ATS electrical interlocks.
- Check bypass and isolation electrical interlocks if possible.
- Set and calibrate TS coil contacts (A critical check).
- Set and calibrate timing and sensing circuits (If required).
- Monitor and verify correct operation of the following:
- Normal voltage sensing pickup and dropout.
- Emergency voltage sensing pickup and dropout.
- Emergency frequency sensing pickup and dropout.
- Override momentary outage time.
- Transfer to emergency time.
- Re-transfer to normal time.
- Generator set cool down time.
- and any accessory’s as needed.
- Measure normal and emergency voltage.
- Measure current levels and determine percent of full load when possible.
- Measure generator frequency.
- Energized functional check is performed on the ATS.